[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #4138: Possible BUG - Create new forum topic not functioning with periods in end of title field

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri May 11 16:39:04 UTC 2012

#4138: Possible BUG - Create new forum topic not functioning with periods in end
of title field
---------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  chr313                           |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                     |      Status:  closed
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => worksforme

Comment:

 I can't recreate the issue either. I've tried on a couple different
 versions of BP (1.5 branch and 1.6 trunk) and with a number of different
 permutations of the ellipsis character(s). In all cases, the characters
 are properly stripped (as you describe being the case in BP 1.2.9) when
 creating the slug, and all links work properly.

 chr313, if it helps and if you're able, you may want to try debugging in
 the function `bp_forums_new_topic()`, in the file bp-forums/bp-forums-
 functions.php. In that function, the slug is sanitized as follows:

 {{{
 if ( empty( $topic_slug ) )
     $topic_slug = sanitize_title( $topic_title );
 }}}

 If `sanitize_title()` is not doing its job for some reason, this may
 actually be a WP bug.

 You may also consider disabling your other BP plugins, as it's possible
 (unlikely, but possible) that one of them is interjecting itself into the
 topic creation process, and sanitizing the slug improperly.

 I'm closing this ticket as worksforme, but if you're able to make any
 headway, please reopen with additional details.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4138#comment:2>
BuddyPress <http://buddypress.org/>