[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #4350: Updated forum topics are not displaying the correct time information in the activity stream

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Jul 11 21:55:32 UTC 2012

#4350: Updated forum topics are not displaying the correct time information in the
activity stream
 Reporter:  nickharambee  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Core          |    Version:  1.5.6
 Severity:  major         |   Keywords:
 When I update forum topics the listing in the forum directory (and the
 page for the topic itself) states the correct time information for the
 topic/post, i.e. "[user] said [time since post was originally created]
 ago."

 However, in both activity streams it states "[user] started the forum
 topic [title of topic] in the group... [time forum post was edited], which
 is of course wrong, as the forum topic was not created at the time it was
 edited.

 I am not sure whether this is supposed to state "[user] '''edited''' the
 forum topic..."  This would make sense to me.  Otherwise, if it is
 supposed to state "[user] '''started''' the forum topic..." , then it
 should keep the time of the original post and the correct place in the
 activity stream based on the time it was created.

 I have replicated this issue with more than one forum topic and with the
 BP default theme.  The issue does not occur when editing replies to forum
 topics, only with the original forum topic.  When editing replies
 everything appears as it did before the edit, so maybe this is how it is
 meant to work with the original topic too.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4350>
BuddyPress <http://buddypress.org/>