[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #4162: Not choosing a group forum in the "Post In Group Forum:" combobox removes written post

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Apr 23 07:01:02 UTC 2012

#4162: Not choosing a group forum in the "Post In Group Forum:" combobox removes
written post
 Reporter:  gemonon      |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Forums       |    Version:  1.5.5
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:  post group
 When forgetting to select a group in the "Post In Group Forum:", an
 appropriate error message comes up ("Please pick the group forum where you
 would like to post this topic."), reminding me to do so but the forms are
 all empty, including title and content. This behaviour was reproducible
 with the default theme.

 This has a huge potential for unexperienced users to loose their posts.

 Therefore I would ask for restoration of the form contents when throwing
 an error message or even better disabling the "Post topic" button until a
 group is selected (and possibly highlighting / colouring the "Post in
 Group Forum:" combobox until an element is selected).

 Thanks a lot for this wonderful software!

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4162>
BuddyPress <http://buddypress.org/>