[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #3103: New blog creation in default theme – Blog URL suffix text incorrect for subdomain installation

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Mar 7 03:53:11 UTC 2011

#3103: New blog creation in default theme – Blog URL suffix text incorrect for
subdomain installation
 Reporter:  bigtweet                             |      Owner:
     Type:  defect                               |     Status:  new
  blog, subdomain                                |
 Setup
 =========
 WordPress 3.1, BuddyPress 1.2.8

 Overview
 =========
 In the BuddyPress default theme, the form text associated with a new blog
 creation is incorrect for a subdomain installation when the root blog is
 changed.   This problem exists both in the new user sign-up form as well
 as the form for creating a new blog.

 As an example, if the root blog is www.mydomain.com the suffix text on
 both forms should end in:
 !http://[form input].mydomain.com

 Instead what appears is:
 !http://[form input].www.mydomain.com

 Details on network setup
 ==========================
 I have changed my root blog to be www.mydomain.com with edits to wp-
 config.php using references I've found on various sites.

 The following assumes that the blog id of mydomain.com is 1 and that of
 www.mydomain.com is 3:

 define ( 'BP_ROOT_BLOG', 3 );

 define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true);
 define('MULTISITE', true);
 define('SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL',true);
 $base = '/';
 define('DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE','www.mydomain.com');
 define('PATH_CURRENT_SITE','/');
 define('SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE',1);
 define('BLOG_ID_CURRENT_SITE',3);

 Occurences of bug
 ===================
 On line 184 in:
 wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-
 default/registration/register.php

 !http:// <input type="text" name="signup_blog_url" id="signup_blog_url"
 value="<?php bp_signup_blog_url_value() ?>" /> .<?php echo str_replace(
 '!http://', '', '''site_url()''' ) ?>

 On line 379 in:
 wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-blogs/bp-blogs-templatetags.php

 echo '<input name="blogname" type="text" id="blogname"
 value="'.$blogname.'" maxlength="50" /> <span class="suffix_address">.' .
 '''$current_site->domain . $current_site->path''' . '</span><br />';

 Proposed fix
 =============
 I have fixed this by changing site_url() with '''get_site_url(1)''' in
 first occurence mentioned above.

 In the second occurence, I also used get_site_url(1) in my fix:

 echo '<input name="blogname" type="text" id="blogname"
 value="'.$blogname.'" maxlength="50" /> <span class="suffix_address">.' .
 '''str_replace( '!http://', '', get_site_url(1) )''' . '</span><br />';

 This works as long as the blog id of the initial network domain never
 changes from the default of 1.

 Is there a better way to get the root network domain?

 Thanks,

 Scott

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/3103>