[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #3271: groups admin manage members buttons hardcoded to core awkward for theme devs

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Jun 10 07:58:23 UTC 2011

#3271: groups admin manage members buttons hardcoded to core awkward for theme
devs
--------------------------+----------------------------------------
  Reporter:  hnla         |      Owner:
      Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
 Component:  Core         |    Version:  1.3
Resolution:               |   Keywords:  bp-group-template, buttons
--------------------------+----------------------------------------

Comment (by hnla):

 Have the basics sorted so will be able to return this soon but some
 aspects are confusing and I could do with a little help clarifying them
 please.

 As things stand presently in admin.php bp_group_admin_memberlist() can
 pass a boolean true/false back, this is used to test on
 (!)empty($admin_list) and used to either show the demote/promote buttons
 or set false will show the admins/mods last activity also it's used to set
 a class token.

 I'm unsure why this flip flop exists what reason would the parameter be
 changed to show the last activity rather than the buttons (given that only
 the logged in admin is viewing this screen)

 If I need to replicate this behaviour then I need to find some other
 condition to test on but as this is a hardcoded parameter in a frontend
 template file I'm uncertain why it was thought necessary or what quite I
 can test on.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/3271#comment:6>
BuddyPress <http://buddypress.org/>