[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #2789: bp-default can be activated before upgrade/install process has been completed

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Jan 14 14:45:57 UTC 2011

#2789: bp-default can be activated before upgrade/install process has been
completed
----------------------+------------------------------------
  Reporter:  r-a-y    |      Owner:
      Type:  defect   |     Status:  new
 Component:  Core     |    Version:  1.3
Resolution:           |   Keywords:  dev-feedback has-patch
----------------------+------------------------------------

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 Patch will have to be revisited in light of [3704] and [3706].

 From a preliminary look (haven't yet tested), I'd say that the changes in
 those commits that are relevant are as follows:
 -  update_site_option( 'bp-db-version', constant( 'BP_DB_VERSION' ) ); is
 now moved before bp-default is changed over, which might fix the problem
 this ticket was originally opened for
 - The temporary workaround in [3706] will only kick in in instances where
 bp-default is activated when BP is not. In theory, this should never
 happen, since WP shouldn't know about bp-default until BP calls
 register_theme_directory().

 From what I can see, this patch does not address the more general question
 of whether BP core files are loaded (and, by extension, whether the front
 end of BP is accessible) after a BP upgrade but before the upgrade wizard
 has been run. For that, we will probably still need something along the
 lines of 2789.006.patch.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/2789#comment:19>
BuddyPress <http://buddypress.org/>