[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #3782: User avatar in the Admin bar drop down is incorrectly sized when it is the default.

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Dec 14 01:48:13 UTC 2011

#3782: User avatar in the Admin bar drop down is incorrectly sized when it is the
default.
------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  fanquake          |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  new

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 Ugh. I can't think of a decent way to solve this. We have a couple

 (1) Resize the default avatar, possibly on the fly (at least the first
 time it's requested). Not sure if that's even possible.
 (2) Load our own stylesheet. This seems like the "right" way to do it, but
 it seems a shame to load an entire stylesheet just so we can say #wp-
 admin-bar-user-info .avatar { width: 64px; height: 64px;}
 (3) When using the WP admin bar, output the styles inline somewhere
 (4) Filter the output of bp_core_fetch_avatar() when it appears in this
 context, and add an inline style="display...." attribute.

 I guess we should probably go with (2), as there will likely be a point
 down the road when we'll need other custom styles for the toolbar.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3782#comment:7>
BuddyPress <http://buddypress.org/>