[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #3455: BuddyPress activity comment recording for Blog posts does not honour the WordPress post type visibility

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Aug 12 12:20:21 UTC 2011

#3455: BuddyPress activity comment recording for Blog posts does not honour the
WordPress post type visibility
-------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  sbrajesh     |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by anointed):

 PLEASE don't remove comments from post-types. This would be a huge
 regression for every one of my sites.

 example site:
 1. post-type 'sermons' which are custom video posts. I definitely use
 comments on these just like a regular post. Sbrajesh provided some sample
 code to work with last year that integrated my post-types into the
 activity stream, so they are now an integral part of bp for me.

 2. post-type 'devotionals' relies 100% on having the comments working,
 (they are useless without user comments as that is how they track their
 progress) and being part of bp is quite critical.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3455#comment:6>
BuddyPress <http://buddypress.org/>