[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #3455: BuddyPress activity comment recording for Blog posts does not honour the WordPress post type visibility

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Aug 8 22:23:22 UTC 2011

#3455: BuddyPress activity comment recording for Blog posts does not honour the
WordPress post type visibility
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  sbrajesh     |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by sbrajesh):

 Hi Boone,
 Thanks for taking a quick look at this ticket. I completely agree with
 you. We should not record the comments for non posts. It should be ideally
 left to the developer/designer who create custom post types to handle such
 thing.

 I will love to hear some more on the API for custom post type activity
 posting. It sounds something which could be very much usable. Just need
 some thought on that.

 As of now, Can we just avoid recording for the non posts or put a
 conditional to check if the post is a custom post type, we should check
 for public visibility otherwise just record it as normal.

 A side note, as I believe you are best person to tell about it. Is there
 any plan for using custom post type for activity stream(and the comments
 as activity comments) in bp 1.6. I may have to work on one such project
 soon and was wondering to know if that will be in the feature list of 1.6?

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3455#comment:2>
BuddyPress <http://buddypress.org/>