[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #2501: Private Messages Still Marked as Unread after Read -Then disappears after opened a 2nd time

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Jul 6 16:41:00 UTC 2010

#2501: Private Messages Still Marked as Unread after Read -Then disappears after
opened a 2nd time
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  pisanojm   |       Owner:
     Type:  defect     |      Status:  new
Component:  Messaging  |    Keywords:  private message, pm, undread
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 I've looked through the Ticket-base and have read that this has been
 ticketed but cannot find it anywhere.

 Here is what is happening:

 Person sends private message to user—>User recepient is notifity in header
 (Square with a number) –> Recepeint replies to any/all messages –>
 Recepient goest to anypage on the site –>Recepient’s now STILL has a
 header notifying them of a private message–> Recepient again checks
 messages and there are NO new messages—> users then goes to another site
 area (anywhere) –> Private message notification is gone.

 You can find this thread here about it on BuddyPress:
 http://buddypress.org/community/groups/how-to-and-
 troubleshooting/forum/topic/private-messate-notification-ghost/

 I thougt this ticket might be related, but it appears it isn't.  Either
 way this seems like a bug that needs to be corrected.
 http://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/2068

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/2501>
BuddyPress <http://buddypress.org/>