[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #2495: Unnecessary wpautop filter on "bp_get_message_thread_subject" causing invalid html

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Jul 4 21:11:41 UTC 2010

#2495: Unnecessary wpautop filter on "bp_get_message_thread_subject" causing
invalid html
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  sbrajesh   |       Owner:
     Type:  defect     |      Status:  new
Component:  Messaging  |    Keywords:  bp_get_message_thread_subject
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 Do we really need a wpautop filter on message subjects and notice
 subjects.

 The use of "wpautop" filter on message/notice subject is un necessary as
 we do not expect message sunject to be produced as paragraph or do we ?
 And another reason, we need to remove it because it produces incvalid html
 when we link subject to the message as in

 Message", "buddypress" ); ?>"><?php bp_message_thread_subject() ?></a>

 That will produce invalid html(p inside a).

 here is a patch attached.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/2495>
BuddyPress <http://buddypress.org/>