[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #1794: If Group is Created before Forum Component Install, Group Cannot Post to Forum

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Feb 3 21:15:26 UTC 2010

#1794: If Group is Created before Forum Component Install, Group Cannot Post to
Forum
--------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
Reporter:  mercime  |       Owner:
    Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
 I had just set up another test install with WPMU 2.9.1.1, BP
 1.2-trunk-r2479 Monday. VHOST=NO, BP defined to blog ID 103 in wp-
 config.php

 Right after I activated BP and bp-default theme, I created a new group,
 e.g. Membership. Then I installed Forums via one/two click. When I tried
 to post a topic in forum:

 1. via Forums > New Topic, then choosing the group created before Forum
 component install, clicking on Post, redirects to home page where BP is
 installed http://samplesite.com/blogid103/ and there's no topic posted in
 forum. The strange thing was, the tags of topic-posted-but-not-seen were
 appearing in the sidebar. When you click on tag in sidebar, as expected,
 the topic not saved was not listed.

 2. Group created before Forum component was installed does not even have a
 Forum link under avatar
 in http://samplesite.com/blogid103/groups/createdb4foruminstall/

 Per instruction of Andy http://testbp.org/groups/buddypress-1-2-bug-
 reports/forum/topic/bug-if-group-is-created-before-forum-component-
 install-group-cannot-post-to-forum/#post-1598, I went to that problematic
 group's admin > Group Settings but there's no "enable forum" link there at
 all.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/1794>
BuddyPress <http://buddypress.org/>