[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #2962: No way to reassociate a page with bp components once the bp setup wizard is complete

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Dec 19 23:19:13 UTC 2010

#2962: No way to reassociate a page with bp components once  the bp setup wizard
is complete
----------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  sbrajesh  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect    |     Status:  new
 Hi,
 was just trying the current trunk r3543. To experiment, I chose all the
 components to setup on same page(wp 3.1 trunk sample page) (example
 www.example.com/sample-page/)and the bp wizard proceeded without any
 error. So, as all the components are setup on same page, none of the
 component will work properly. When you visit http://example.com/sample-
 page/ it will show as member directory but clicking on member page will
 redirect to the site home page. yes, the user sub menu(like edit profile
 works but you can not view the www.example.com/sample-page/admin/).
 The other links as expected point to http://www.example.com/sample-
 page/admin/sample-page/sample-page/ [this is for my groups link]

 Since all the components are set on sample-page.
 There is no option in BuddyPress dashboard to change the settings after
 the setup wizard has run, neither you can reassociate it after
 deactivating/activating the buddypress again.

 In my opinion, It can cause a lot of trouble for users who are not
 familiar with wordpress/buddypress.

 What do you think? Probably providing a way to reassociate the page after
 the setup wizard has run can solve the issue .
 possibly related ticket(but for disabling/enabling component by ray #2943)

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/2962>
BuddyPress <http://buddypress.org/>