[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #2293: Hidden groups activity shows in friends > activity screen of non group members

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Apr 15 15:49:20 UTC 2010

#2293: Hidden groups activity shows in friends > activity screen of non group
members
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hnla      |       Owner:
     Type:  defect    |      Status:  new
Component:  Core      |    Keywords:  has-patch, needs-testing
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------

Comment(by boonebgorges):

 hnla - The tone of your original bug report "however Bob finds he can stil
 use the Reply link" made it sound like the reply link was the problem. Do
 you think that the entire activity item should be hidden? Now that I think
 about it, I'm leaning toward yes - if I post something in a private group,
 I am assuming that the content of what I post (even if it's just an
 excerpt as shown in an activity item) should not be visible to outsiders,
 even if they are my friends. Does that seem right?

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/2293#comment:6>
BuddyPress <http://buddypress.org/>