[bbDev] Password confirmation email

James Kirsop james.kirsop at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 05:41:57 GMT 2008

Is there any particular reason that BBPress sends the first
confirmation email from the admin email defined in the bbPress install
options, rather than something like bbpress at hostname.domain.com? I've
been finding a lot of my users of a plain install of bbPress aren't
getting emails confirming their email address/account information
because it's being caught in spam (primarily users using Hotmail from
what I can gather).

I've got a feeling that this can be resolved by having the correct
FQDN of the machine the email is sent from, instead of the admins
email address (in my case, my gmail account as opposed to bbpress at youth.stfaiths.org.au
). I've come across this on another site I admin - where if the from
field in the email headers can't be reversed to the same IP address as
the server that sent the mail it gets thrown to the spam folder.

Cheers,
James