[bbDev] [962] trunk: Add actual GPL license (COPYING file) and contributor acknowledgement and copyright (README file).

Sam Bauers sam at wopr.com.au
Wed Nov 28 10:42:38 GMT 2007

I'll rename COPYING to license.txt

"COPYING" is the conventional name according to the GPL implementation
instructions, but I accept Matt's argument about Windows users (except
for use of the word "hostile" :) ) and we'll maintain parity with
WordPress as a result.

If the idea of a contributor list is going to prove to be
controversial or not play well in the community, I guess I'd rather do
without it. It just seemed like a good idea at the time.

Sam