[bbDev] TimeZone For Users

Michael D Adams mikea at turbonet.com
Wed Jan 3 23:26:45 GMT 2007

On Dec 10, 2006, at 5:14 PM, Trent Adams wrote:

> Is the timezone issues that users are experiencing part of future
> versions or if someone is interested, should it be a plugin?

I think much of the per-user time zone stuff could be solved by
displaying "14 hours ago" instead of "2006-12-17 13:49" (or whatever)
in most places.

If we do that first, I'd like to see how much of a desire there still
is for user time zones.  If there's enough need, we'll put it into
core.  If not, it'd be an awesome plugin.

As an aside, for version 0.80, I'd really like to completely audit
how bbPress tells time.  I think it's way to complicated right now.

Michael