[bbDev] license

Sam Bauers sam at viveka.net.au
Wed Apr 11 15:43:07 GMT 2007

On 06/04/2007, at 2:05 AM, Aditya Naik wrote:

> a thought. bbpress install currently does not include a license.
> any thoughts on including one or a readme.txt with disclaimers?

I had noticed this and the fact that bbPress has no mention of it's
licensing on the download page or in the trac site. There is also no
mention of copyright in any of the files.

I seem to recall that bbPress is supposed to be released under the
GPLv2, but I can't remember where I read that, perhaps Wikipedia???

I have some experience in applying the GPLv2 license to projects like
bbPress. There is quite a bit more to do than is usually thought if
you want to be thorough, but I would be happy to complete this task
if we want to add a ticket.

Sam