[bbDev] Updating functions for i18n

Juan C. (PS) pottersys at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 05:32:09 GMT 2006

On 10/3/06, Tom Preuss <tompreuss at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm almost sure that you submitted it, but be sure to check out
> http://bbpress.automattic.com/ticket/431

Yes, I created that patch. However, I don't like to mess with core functions

On 10/4/06, Michael D Adams <mikea at turbonet.com > wrote:

> Functions such as this do not need to use gettext.  topic_author(),
> for example, echos a username; we don't need to translate anything
> there.

Yes, but when you need to merge that echo-ed data into a to-be-translated
string, it's a real-real mess. Look at comment_author_link() and
get_comment_author_link() in WordPress and how it's used in line 52 of
wp-admin/index.php, for a clear example

--
Juan Correa
Instituto Nacional / Home / Internet