[bbDev] Roles: bbpress/wordpress

Sean Hayford O'Leary sdho at sdho.org
Thu May 4 02:18:21 GMT 2006

The easiest thing for me is to write my own (or modify WordPress')
registration script. One that puts entries in both WP format and BB
format.

If you don't want to do that, the next easiest thing is to just to
some manual tidying every now and again. Say you've got everyone
registering through bbPress' registration script -- they'll still show
up in WordPress' admin interface, you'll just need to tell WP what
sort of users they should be. If you do that once a day (you could
call it an "account activation period" on your FAQs), you have an
effectively integrated site.

David said:
"I myself was hoping bbpress might be a quick solution, despite
reduced features vs big BBs"

"Despite"? Baa! That's what I love best about bbPress. No messy
table-based layouts in the default theme. No admin interface with a
hundred million options. No emoticon library. And no avatars. I can't
emphasize that one enough: no avatars.

-Sean

On 5/3/06, David Chait <davebytes at comcast.net> wrote:
> heh.  that's not really 'integration' yet then. ;)  I mean, if user reg and
> roles don't 'span' the two products, then they aren't integrated. :)
>
> ah well.  I myself was hoping bbpress might be a quick solution, despite
> reduced features vs big BBs.
>
> -d

Sean Hayford O'Leary
http://sdho.org