[bbDev] Re: bbDev Digest, Vol 16, Issue 6

Rodney Blackwell rodneyb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 00:03:03 GMT 2006

> From: "Sean Hayford O'Leary" <sdho at sdho.org>
> Any change in the PHP of bbPress shouldn't cause an internal server
> error for the rewrite rules.

It seems like it's not the php causing the internal server error, it's
the htaccess rule.

> Try removing the RewriteBase line.

I tried that and still got the internal server error. If I remove the
.htaccess and use the multiviews version, I can view the forums, but I
get a "Forum not found." message when I try to view any of the forum
categories.

> What kind of server are you running this on?

Apache 1.3.34, php 4.4.1, centOS

> Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 11:24:48 +0100
> From: "Tom Claessens" <whistlerke at gmail.com>

> did you set in your bb-config.php file $bb->mod_rewrite to true?

Yes :)

Looking at the bug tracker, it looks like bbpress isn't using
mod_rewrite to give the clean URLs, it's using the apache multiviews
function. Has anybody gotten the current version working with
mod_rewrite?

the url to my installation is like dev.example.com/bbpress  and on the
Rewrite base line I put /bbpress/  . I also tried /dev/bbpress/ and
both didn't seem to work.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

--
Rodney