[bbDev] UTF-8 tags

Alex Wang ahtwang at mail2000.com.tw
Tue Jun 27 06:59:16 GMT 2006

I was playing around with the 6/27 build and I found that in
formatting-functions.php, if user_sanitize() is changed to use
ereg_replace() instead of preg_replace(), I can add and remove utf8
(Chinese) tags and they display properly.

(I don't know much PHP, so I don't even know why it works and what I
have broken with that change.)

But clicking on a tag (i.e. going to tags.php?tag=TAGTEXT) when TAGTEXT
is a Chinese string, I get into endless redirects. When TAGTEXT is
English, then it works as usual.

Are there plans to put in utf8 tag support before taking bbPress out of
alpha?

Regards
Alex Wang