[bbDev] Putting bbPress Into WordPress Theme

James Brancaccio james.brancaccio at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 13:39:27 GMT 2006

I would like to get my bbPress forums into my WordPress theme, I
don't really care about integrating the users, that's just a plus if
I can get that done. I would just like my blog and my bbPress forums
to have the same look and feel.

I've been searching and reading alot, and I came across this URL
http://codex.wordpress.org/Ergate/wpmu_bbPress_integration which
looked like it might have done the trick but I get nothing but errors
with it, so I tried a different approach.

Now in my config.php file I have:

/* Stop editing */

require($_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"].'/wp-blog-header.php');
get_header();

define('BBPATH', dirname(__FILE__) . '/' );
require_once( BBPATH . 'bb-settings.php' );

This seems to work a little, but I am now getting this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_locale() in /home2/horseboy/
public_html/bbpress/bb-includes/l10n.php on line 9

If you go to http://www.binaryequine.com/bbpress/ you can see it did
call the header, so something is working.

Should I not be doing it this way, what's the easiest way to get
bbPress into my WordPress theme? Thanks for any help!

--
James Brancaccio
449 Moretown Common RD

Mobile: 617-894-4897