bbpress and MySql version (was Re: [bbDev] release date? )

Luc Saint-Elie luc at saint-elie.com
Mon Mar 7 06:38:09 GMT 2005

Quoting Rob Santoro <robert.santoro at gmail.com>:

> yes Luc - that is the same error that I am getting as well.
> how do you check the version of mysql ?
>
> thanks!

You can check it (among numerous other ways I suppose) with phpmyadmin. The
mysql version is written at the top of the page.

My host allows to switch from the default 3.2 to 4 so it's what I did with the
database I use for bbpress tests.. and it works.

In fact it's my (our) fault.
Documentation page ( http://bbpress.org/documentation/ ) states clearly :

-------
Installation of bbPress is fairly simple. Before you get started make sure you
have at least PHP version 4.1, MySQL version 4.0, and that they can talk to
each other without any problems. If you're not sure about that contact your
host and ask them if you meet the minimum requirements.
-------

But I fail to notice because it's not that usual that PHP scripts REALLY need
MySql 4 (and also because my now rather big WP site runs smoothly under mysql
3)

Luc