[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60652: font_dir filter enters an infinite loop if wp_get_upload_dir() is used in the filter callback

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 28 22:29:59 UTC 2024

#60652: font_dir filter enters an infinite loop if wp_get_upload_dir() is used in
the filter callback
----------------------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  mmaattiiaass                |       Owner:  peterwilsoncc
     Type:  defect (bug)                |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by peterwilsoncc):

 I'm happy with the docblock as it stands.

 The design of the fonts PHP API is that such that the only way extenders
 can upload or sideload to the font directory is to apply the filter to the
 uploads directory. Until a discussion is had about to deal with different
 upload contexts it's premature to declare that the filter will be removed.

 That said, it's up to @swissspidy and @davidbaumwald as core tech leads.
 As the easier long weekend has started here, I will leave it up to them.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60652#comment:43>