[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49756: Twenty Seventeen: Add gradient background options that fit the theme color scheme

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Mar 26 19:38:50 UTC 2024

#49756: Twenty Seventeen: Add gradient background options that fit the theme color
scheme
 Reporter:  ianbelanger                          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new
  design-feedback close                          |
Changes (by karmatosed):

 * keywords:  good-first-bug has-patch needs-design-feedback => good-first-
     bug has-patch needs-design-feedback close

Comment:

 For now, default themes are being focused on for bugs not enhancements and
 this means adding new styling isn't something to look at. This also
 combines with the fact that as the years have passed a recommended way of
 adding gradients would be through a theme.json file. All of this leads me
 to recommend that we close this ticket, so I am going to add the keyword
 'close' for now.

 Thank you for your collaborations on this and if you do wish to add
 feedback there is absolutely space for that still. The idea is that we
 could always come back to this at a later point when we have an approach
 for older default themes that might involve theme.json's even - it's not
 decided yet.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/49756#comment:4>