[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48800: Twenty Twenty: Conditional loading of language/locale specific css and php files

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Mar 24 15:53:44 UTC 2024

#48800: Twenty Twenty: Conditional loading of language/locale specific css and php
files
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  ianbelanger        |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request    |      Status:  new
Changes (by karmatosed):

 * keywords:  2nd-opinion => 2nd-opinion close

Comment:

 Whilst it does seem that you can split the CSS my recommendation would be
 that we do not do this in an older default theme. I would suggest the fact
 that this hasn't had a patch yet also reflects the nature of it being one
 area could have further issues if explored, for example on disabling
 specific fonts.

 As for my recommendation on where this ticket goes.

 - I would recommend to 'close' this with a 'won't fix'.
 - If someone does come up with a passive patch before closing that doesn't
 cause issues then absolutely we could consider adding.

 I am basing this recommendation on the following:

 - We are focusing on bugs specifically for older default themes, this
 isn't a bug specifically just overly large text. It's not pretty but not a
 bug.
 - It could bring in more complications and issues than fix if create
 verbose CSS at this stage.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48800#comment:2>