[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43305: Accessibility Issue in Arranging the Menu Items: I need a combobox for selecting the parent item and a combobox for selecting the item position

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 8 14:36:09 UTC 2024

#43305: Accessibility Issue in Arranging the Menu Items: I need a combobox for
selecting the parent item and a combobox for selecting the item position
 Reporter:  javad2000                            |       Owner:  rcreators
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by rcreators):

 * keywords:  needs-design has-patch => has-patch needs-testing dev-feedback

Comment:

 Hello @joedolson & @williamalexander,

 I have added PR for the initial functional working model. Can you guys try
 it out in Playground and give me feedback on the same? It's still not
 completely developed but the base code is I think ready.

 Pending points:
 - Changing parent/order by dragging needs to be updated in new controls.
 - Changing order or parent items, sub-items need to move with it.

 Let me know if anything else remains as well.

 NOTE: It's only applied on WordPress admin->menu area. The customiser menu
 remains.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43305#comment:30>