[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60398: WordPress 6.4.3 MacOS/Linux Compressed Zip plugin archives "Incompatible Archive" on upload

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Mar 2 13:11:13 UTC 2024

#60398: WordPress 6.4.3 MacOS/Linux Compressed Zip plugin archives "Incompatible
Archive" on upload
 Reporter:  Endymion00                           |       Owner:
                                                 |  peterwilsoncc
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by adegans):

 Replying to [comment:90 kevincoleman]:
 > Respectfully (and I do highly respect WordPress committers and their
 sacrifice), this reads very poorly. To translate to how the WordPress
 community sees this statement it feels like you’re saying: “your opinion
 doesn’t count because you’re not a committer” and it implies that your
 minds can’t be changed by the likes of the peons merely using WordPress.
 While that is ostensibly (and very apparently) true, I’d argue it’s a
 pretty jaded thing to say outright.

 > I personally think this attitude is a different problem from the one
 this ticket addresses. The severity of the ticket may or may not be right,
 but I don’t think this reply is helping WordPress-community relations in
 the slightest.

 Yup - Very poorly, almost like they don’t want to fix this.

 To me, that just shows that everyone who offers plugins and themes outside
 of their channels does not matter. But that has been lurking under the
 surface ever since the focus shifted to Gutenberg.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60398#comment:91>