[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60398: WordPress 6.4.3 MacOS Compressed Zip plugin archives "Incompatible Archive" on upload

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 31 20:38:48 UTC 2024

#60398: WordPress 6.4.3 MacOS Compressed Zip plugin archives "Incompatible Archive"
on upload
-------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  Endymion00               |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new

Comment (by azaozz):

 Replying to [comment:31 Otto42]:

 > First, understand that w.org zip files are not affected by this. The zip
 files we serve will unzip fine for both themes and plugins.

 Thanks @Otto42, you beat me to it! :)
 Was just about to say that all .zip files that are downloaded from the
 WordPress plugins and themes repositories (whether manually or by using
 the WP UI to install them) comply with the standards and work properly.

 > Nobody is saying it's not a problem, they are simply saying it's not as
 critical of an issue as it's being made out to be.

 Yep, agreed. Seems the .zip files that are affected are mostly self-made
 by the people that are uploading them. A support forum thread about how to
 set Safari to not automatically unzip and delete downloaded .zip files
 would probably be enough until the core fix is released.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60398#comment:34>