[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60398: WordPress 6.4.3 MacOS Compressed Zip plugin archives "Incompatible Archive" on upload

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 31 19:13:20 UTC 2024

#60398: WordPress 6.4.3 MacOS Compressed Zip plugin archives "Incompatible Archive"
on upload
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  Endymion00    |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by kevincoleman):

 Hi @JeffPaul, long time!

 > Unless I'm misunderstanding things, it seems there's a workaround here
 where impacted plugin authors can STOP using the MacOS UI for generating
 ZIPs and START using the command line to do so. If that does resolve the
 issue, albeit not resolved within the WP codebase, then I think keeping
 this as priority=normal and severity=normal feels accurate.

 I respectfully disagree with this logic. If Honda broke their door handles
 and said “just leave your windows down so you can reach in and lift the
 latch inside to get in” it would be a catastrophe. This is breaking all
 kinds of workflows and the UX happy path for potentially thousands of devs
 and users. Breaking an edge case? Sure, priority normal. Breaking a high-
 traffic happy path = catastrophe.

 Aside: hope you’re doing well. Ping me some time for a catch-up!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60398#comment:25>