[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60398: WordPress 6.4.3 MacOS Compressed Zip plugin archives "Incompatible Archive" on upload

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 31 18:36:11 UTC 2024

#60398: WordPress 6.4.3 MacOS Compressed Zip plugin archives "Incompatible Archive"
on upload
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  Endymion00    |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by britner):

 I'm surprised this isn't being treated as a more critical bug. I
 understand the desire to push this on theme/plugin developers and have
 them not use native Mac compress to create zip files.

 However, anyone on a Mac using Safari when trying to download from the
 .org repo will have Safari extract the plugin file on download by default
 (unless they change this in Safari preferences), and then most of those
 users would be used to compressing using the native mac compress and
 uploading to their WordPress website. Which is now broken because of the
 6.4.3 update.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60398#comment:20>