[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60398: WordPress 6.4.3 MacOS Compressed Zip plugin archives "Incompatible Archive" on upload

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 31 11:42:20 UTC 2024

#60398: WordPress 6.4.3 MacOS Compressed Zip plugin archives "Incompatible Archive"
on upload
 Reporter:  Endymion00    |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Upload        |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 If I zip a plugin folder using MacOS right-click Compress command in the
 contextual menu, those archives are no longer accepted when using upload
 plugin. It returns "Incompatible Archive". This has worked up until now.
 Probably related to recent security updates for the plugin and theme
 uploader.

 If I create a zip on the command line of the same folder that works
 correctly.