[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60362: Emojis cause "Updating failed. Could not update post in the database." error

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jan 29 02:26:33 UTC 2024

#60362: Emojis cause "Updating failed. Could not update post in the database."
error
 Reporter:  mikefitzman   |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by mikefitzman):

 @dmsnell Great suggestion, I've completed the test and cannot save posts
 containing the '😄'. Posts containing the other '⚄' character save
 normally. I'm wondering why my ability to save these 4-byte emojis changed
 overnight. I've had them in posts for a decade or more.

 Mike

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60362#comment:4>