[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60338: WordPress / twentytwentyfour | Using the list block seems to affect the submenu layout negatively

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 24 12:04:49 UTC 2024

#60338: WordPress / twentytwentyfour | Using the list block seems to affect the
submenu layout negatively
 Reporter:  wilhelm1973   |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Menus         |    Version:  6.4.2
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 THIS ISSUE IS RELATED TO THE 2024 THEME THAT IS NOW ARCHIVED ON GITHUB

 I also submitted this issue on GitHub, but on GitHub the repository for
 the 2024 theme is Archived and the remaining issues are closed without any
 follow up or fix. I followed the link to submit a new issue. That link
 brought me here. So that is why I submit this issue.

 ----

 **Description of the issue**

 Only when I insert a list block on a page, the submenu layout is changed
 when that page is displayed (the menu items are suddenly centered and
 spread out over two lines).

 I do not use ANY code or CSS to modify anything in WordPress. I am not a
 coder or website builder, I am just a simple WordPress user. I use the
 full site Editing features of the latest version of WordPress (6.4.2) with
 the 2024 theme (latest versions).

 I changed the navigation menu -> submenu items to have a background color
 and left alignment (so that it would look good on a mobile phone with the
 mobile menu). This works great.

 ----

 **Step-by-step reproduction instructions**

 Change the navigation menu -> submenu items to have a background color and
 left alignment. Make sure your site has a menu with submenu items. View it
 on a desktop (so not the mobile menu)
 Create a new page. Add a paragraph.
 Save the page, then view it. Nothing wrong with the menu / submenu items.
 Open the page, add a list block to it with one or two items.
 Save the page again, then view it. Now the submenu layout is changed.

 ----

 **Expected behavior**

 Using the list block the submenu layout should not be affected.

 ----

 **Environment info**

 Device: Desktop
 OS: Windows 10
 Browser: Chrome
 Version: Latest

 ----

 **Additional context**

 You can see the issue on www.gaypiemonte.com (the pages that use the list
 block are under the Rooms menu item. For example Rooms -> Suite Il
 Torchio).

 Kudos for a truly amazing theme, thanks in advance for any help and sorry
 for any mistakes in my English, it is not my native language.

 Kind regards,

 Martijn