[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60237: Fatal error when someone opens "/wp-includes/blocks" or "/wp-includes/blocks/index.php" directly

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jan 22 00:44:32 UTC 2024

#60237: Fatal error when someone opens "/wp-includes/blocks" or "/wp-
includes/blocks/index.php" directly
-----------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  akrocks                      |       Owner:  rajinsharwar
     Type:  defect (bug)                 |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by rajinsharwar):

 * keywords:  has-patch => has-patch changes-requested
 * owner:  (none) => rajinsharwar
 * status:  reopened => assigned

Comment:

 Hi @sakibmd, thanks for your patch, and it works great! But we shouldn't
 use a new String for this purpose I believe. As done in other files to
 prevent direct access, we can just do something like this:

 {{{#!php
 // Don't load directly.
 if ( ! defined( 'WPINC' ) ) {
         die( '-1' );
 }
 }}}

 Feel free to share a new patch soon, and we can get this merged!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60237#comment:6>