[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11302: Bulk editing posts should pre-fill fields with the same value / allow for removal

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jan 19 04:02:28 UTC 2024

#11302: Bulk editing posts should pre-fill fields with the same value / allow for
removal
 Reporter:  pavelevap                |       Owner:  francina
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  reopened
  needs-e2e-tests                    |  javascript, administration

Comment (by ajmcfadyen):

 Here's a follow-up to that patch to remove the label when the checkbox is
 interacted with & to switch the label attribute to an aria-label:
 [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/11302/11302.6.patch].
 Hopefully, that covers accessibility. I've tested using voiceover.
 @joedolson is that what you had in mind?

 I looked at the category checklist walker and potentially adding the
 indeterminate checkbox status server-side but wasn't sure if that was
 needed. I considered removing the aria-label in the inline-edit-save
 button click function but didn't think it would help much. Also, I added
 the :indeterminate pseudo selector to the onChange function that removes
 the hidden indeterminite fields because it only needs to run on
 indeterminite inputs.

 **Regarding testing, ''when bulk-editing posts'':**

 Verify that the checked, unchecked, and indeterminate checkbox states in
 the post-category term list correspond to the terms on the posts being
 edited. ([https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11302#comment:71])
     - If all posts have a term the checkbox of that term should be checked
     - If none of the posts selected for editing have the term, it should
 be unchecked
     - If some of the posts have the term, the checkbox should be
 indeterminate

 Confirm that saving via the bulk editor functions as expected.
 ([https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59837],
 [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11302#comment:92])
     - Verify that terms can be added or removed in bulk
     - Confirm that terms are not overwritten when saving. Unchanged terms
 should remain unchanged.

 Hope that helps! Sorry for attaching so many versions

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11302#comment:101>