[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60290: Changeset #56635 breaks template loading in multisite network using switch_to_blog()

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 18 23:31:31 UTC 2024

#60290: Changeset #56635 breaks template loading in multisite network using
switch_to_blog()
-----------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  metropolis_john  |       Owner:  joemcgill
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  reviewing
Changes (by joemcgill):

 * keywords:   => needs-patch
 * owner:  (none) => joemcgill
 * status:  new => reviewing
 * severity:  major => normal
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => 6.5

Comment:

 Thanks for the report @metropolis_john.

 I agree that this is an unexpected change in behavior. I'm curious what
 the use case is for calling `get_template_part()` after
 `switch_to_blog()`?

 A possible fix for this is to move the memoization approach removed in
 [57129] to `locate_template()` rather than in the
 `get_stylesheet_directory()` and `get_template_directory()` functions
 where they previously were implemented.

 Related issues:
 * #59847
 * #60025