[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48729: Twenty Twenty: Margin reset for first-child and last-child is overridden for heading and blocks with alignment

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 16 15:59:56 UTC 2024

#48729: Twenty Twenty: Margin reset for first-child and last-child is overridden
for heading and blocks with alignment
---------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  collet         |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new

Comment (by poena):

 I can confirm that the block specific CSS still overrides the margins for
 first-child and last-child mentioned above.

 This results in inconsistent spacing for example in archives when the
 Customizer setting "On archive pages, posts show" is set to "Full text"
 (this is the default value).

 I tested using WordPress 6.4.2 and theme version 2.4.

 What side effects for child themes and plugins do you foresee, if we
 increase the CSS specificity for the first and last child? @sabernhardt

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48729#comment:2>