[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60187: Remove, from code comments, use of the expression "sanity check" (and variations)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 3 16:44:08 UTC 2024

#60187: Remove, from code comments, use of the expression "sanity check" (and
variations)
 Reporter:  dartiss      |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Comments     |    Version:
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
  Focuses:               |
 "Sanity check" is an ableist term, which we should reduce usage of.
 Although some functions exist making use of it, I'm not going to suggest
 changes are made to these, due to the creation of some incompatibility
 issues as a result.

 However, there are 22 uses of this term (or variations of) across 16 files
 in core comments. My attached diffs will replace the term with "confidence
 check".

 You read more about the concern around this language here:
 https://gist.github.com/seanmhanson/fe370c2d8bd2b3228680e38899baf5cc#

 Let me know if you have any further questions about any of this.