[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60649: plupload is extremely outdated, it's used by wp core file, auto update was disabled and found vulnerbility

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 27 20:07:06 UTC 2024

#60649: plupload is extremely outdated, it's used by wp core file, auto update was
disabled and found vulnerbility
 Reporter:  harrisonchen  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Security      |    Version:  6.4.3
 Severity:  major         |   Keywords:  needs-patch
  Focuses:                |
 Hello,
 The file is very outdated, our security scan shows vulnerbility on the
 current version.
 I see that in the update-core.php , plupload is disabled to auto update, i
 think this was forgotten to turn back on after resolving a bug found years
 ago.
 Please take a look and update the plupload.js file is possible.
 plupload.js             pkg:javascript/plupload at 2.1.9
 thank you