[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60553: Performant Translations: PHP translation files erroneously in language dropdown

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 16 10:26:29 UTC 2024

#60553: Performant Translations: PHP translation files erroneously in language
dropdown
 Reporter:  swissspidy                |       Owner:  swissspidy
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  closed
Changes (by swissspidy):

 * status:  assigned => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 In [changeset:"57639" 57639]:
 {{{
 #!CommitTicketReference repository="" revision="57639"
 I18N: Prevent incorrect language dropdown entries when there are
 `.l10n.php` files.

 In [57516], the just-in-time translation loading logic was enhanced to
 support cases where only `.l10n.php` translation exist but no `.mo` or
 `.po` files. This caused a slight regression in
 `get_available_languages()`, which uses the list of files to populate the
 language dropdown list on the settings page.

 To address this, the new file extension is now properly stripped off, and
 the resulting file list is de-duplicated. New test files are added to
 allow the existing tests to cover this new scenario.

 See #59656.
 Fixes #60553.

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60553#comment:2>