[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54738: Unable to upload images with URL over API when the image doesn’t have a filetype in the filename

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 14 16:59:53 UTC 2024

#54738: Unable to upload images with URL over API when the image doesn’t have a
filetype in the filename
 Reporter:  masteradhoc                          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new
  testing needs-refresh                          |
Changes (by antpb):

 * type:  defect (bug) => enhancement
 * milestone:  6.5 => 6.6

Comment:

 Leaving a note here after some discussion in the recent Media Meeting. We
 are moving this to 6.6 to allow some time to have review with respect to
 any security implications this may introduce. Nothing yet identified, just
 want to be extra cautious changing how we validate files and assume mime
 types.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54738#comment:8>