[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60008: Block Hooks: Store information about known hooked blocks in anchor block metadata

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 13 11:33:44 UTC 2024

#60008: Block Hooks: Store information about known hooked blocks in anchor block
metadata
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  Bernhard Reiter  |       Owner:  Bernhard Reiter
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  closed

Comment (by wypitowesyga1962):

 i hope this is make it easy to understand it !

 Imagine we're giving our anchor block a bit of a makeover, like adding a
 pocket where it can store notes about its friends, the hooked blocks.
 We'll call it the "Hooked Block Diary" for our anchor block.

 Personality Upgrade: Our anchor block is getting a new feature called the
 Hooked Block Diary. It's like giving it a memory to remember its buddies.

 Accessorizing: We're adding a special section in the anchor block's diary
 to jot down names of its hooked block friends. Each name gets a checkbox,
 like a friend list.

 Social Check: When the anchor block wants to place a hooked block in its
 layout, it flips through its diary to see if the friend's name is checked.
 If it is, the hooked block gets an invite to the party!

 Custom Tailoring: We'll tailor the diary's pages to fit nicely with the
 anchor block's style, making sure it blends seamlessly into its design.

 Friendship Testing: We'll do some testing to make sure the anchor block
 knows when to invite its hooked block buddies and when to leave them out,
 ensuring smooth interactions.

 Keeping a Journal: We'll document all the changes we made, like how we
 upgraded the anchor block's diary and taught it to be a good host to its
 hooked block friends.

 Fit and Finish: Once everything looks good and works smoothly, we'll
 integrate these changes into our system and make sure they play well with
 the rest of the team.

 Feedback Session: We'll chat with the other team members to see if they
 like the anchor block's new diary and make any tweaks based on their
 suggestions.

 Launch Party: Finally, when everything's just right, we'll roll out the
 updated anchor block with its fancy new diary to the world, ready to host
 all its hooked block friends with style!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60008#comment:4>