[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60362: Emojis cause "Updating failed. Could not update post in the database." error

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 6 02:26:12 UTC 2024

#60362: Emojis cause "Updating failed. Could not update post in the database."
error
 Reporter:  mikefitzman   |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by salzano):

 I think this is the same bug but with a different behavior because there
 is no error message.

 When using the Full Site Editor to edit a Template Part, the Save button
 appears to work, but no changes are saved after pasting in the US flag
 emoji into the template 🇺🇸. My database collation is utf8mb4_unicode_ci.

 Here are steps to reproduce on 6.4.3 and using the free FotaWP theme:

 1. Go to Appearance > Editor > Patterns > Template Parts > Footer.
 2. Paste the US flag emoji into a paragraph block in the template.
 3. Press Save twice.
 4. View a page that uses the Footer Template Part, see no changes.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60362#comment:7>