[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59969: Conditional loading `build_template_part_block_variations` for performance improvement

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Feb 5 19:28:05 UTC 2024

#59969: Conditional loading `build_template_part_block_variations` for performance
improvement
--------------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  thekt12                         |       Owner:  joemcgill
     Type:  defect (bug)                    |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by joemcgill):

 Replying to [comment:68 westonruter]:

 > I don't think this is necessarily the case. A magic getter can return by
 reference as I see from https://stackoverflow.com/a/13186679/93579

 This is correct, and is something we had considered. Thanks for the
 feedback on the ticket. If we find an approach that avoids the direct
 access limitation without making this more complex and/or brittle, I'd be
 happy to reconsider, but don't see it as a blocker.

 I'm also a bit unsure about the implications for other properties being
 accessed via this magic `__get` method, since I'm not seeing any other
 classes in WP that implement `__get` by reference.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59969#comment:69>