[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60427: small "ü" in page as anchor causes a mistake when try to save (wrong JSON-response)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 2 19:00:04 UTC 2024

#60427: small "ü" in page as anchor causes a mistake when try to save (wrong JSON-
response)
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  gregordoehnert      |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)        |     Status:  assigned
Component:  Posts, Post Types   |    Version:  6.4.3
 Severity:  minor               |   Keywords:  needs-patch
  Focuses:  ui, administration  |
 I tried to make some changes on a page with pre-block content. It contains
 some anchors and everytime I tried to save the page after some small
 changes I got the alert "Aktualisierung fehlgeschlagen. Die Antwort ist
 keine gültige JSON-Antwort.". The well know answer that there is something
 wrong with JSON.
 I found the reason is that in the anchors where small "ü" (a german
 umlaut). It happened with the anchor target as well as with the anchor
 link. And at the same time there are some anchors with other umlauts,
 namely with a big "Ü", which do not cause the issue.