[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60398: WordPress 6.4.3 MacOS Compressed Zip plugin archives "Incompatible Archive" on upload

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 2 17:03:28 UTC 2024

#60398: WordPress 6.4.3 MacOS Compressed Zip plugin archives "Incompatible Archive"
on upload
----------------------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  Endymion00                              |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                            |      Status:  new

Comment (by vikram6):

 I'd like to +1 upgrading this to a critical bug and releasing a fix ASAP.

 I work at a WordPress hosting company and a number of our customers have
 already reached out to us about this issue. Most of them were not even
 aware of this bug and we had to show them how to manually apply the
 workaround to their sites. We've also seen cases where customers simply
 downgrade back to 6.4.2 and this means that their sites do not have the
 latest security patches and the sites are left vulnerable.

 In the next two weeks, we're planning to upgrade all sites on our platform
 to 6.4.3 in order to apply the security patches. We're going to get
 hundredes of calls asking us to rollback the change and this is going to
 cause a lot of pain both to our customers and to us.

 This bug will continue to cause disruption to site owners, plugin/theme
 authors and hosting providers. Once the patch has been fully tested and
 it's ready to go, I humbly request that we release a 6.4.4 ASAP.

 Thank you for everyone's hard work on this.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60398#comment:62>