[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #61081: Change <h1> Tags in TinyMCE Link Modal to <span> or Lesser Header Tags to Prevent Potential SEO Issues

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 26 00:19:26 UTC 2024

#61081: Change <h1> Tags in TinyMCE Link Modal to <span> or Lesser Header Tags to
Prevent Potential SEO Issues
-------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  bohdansmaha  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by bohdansmaha):

 Replying to [comment:1 swissspidy]:
 > Hi there and welcome to Trac!
 >
 > This appears to be a duplicate of #46918
 >
 > Also, if you aren‘t using the editor on the frontend, I don‘t seee how
 something that‘s only displayed in the admin could affect search engines.

 We are in fact using the editor on the front end. In this particular case
 it is a gravity form with Rich Text Editor enabled on the paragraph
 fields, but I can see the other case scenarios as well. @afercia argument
 on the other ticket make sense to me. Seems more of a accessibility and
 seo audit tools issue.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/61081#comment:2>