[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #61034: Twenty Fourteen: Pullquote block needs base font size while supporting custom font size

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 25 07:55:47 UTC 2024

#61034: Twenty Fourteen: Pullquote block needs base font size while supporting
custom font size
---------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  sabernhardt    |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new
Changes (by sabernhardt):

 * keywords:  needs-patch reporter-feedback => has-patch

Comment:

 [57631] had a more elaborate way to fix the Pullquote's typography
 settings in Twenty Twenty-One, which I do not think is necessary for
 Twenty Fourteen. However, I should mention that the font weight and font
 style (in Appearance settings) would be more block options to support in
 Twenty Fourteen, which probably could be more appropriate on another
 ticket.

 With [attachment:"61034.diff"]:
 - The quote text honors font size settings (preset or custom), though it
 does not affect the citation.
 - The Appearance settings still would not affect front or back end, for
 weight or style.
 - The Letter spacing and Text decoration selections work.
 - The Letter case affects quote text but not citation.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/61034#comment:5>